I believe we all reach a time in our lives when we reflect...,we think of things such as, 'would'a, could'a, should'a'..., some cases, 'wouldn't, couldn't, shouldn't'...,but as they say, hind sight is 20/20. I have been given the gift of being a Mother, Stepmother, and Grandmother, it is one of my favorite titles...,and such a blessing. You wonder sometimes if you had the chance would you do things differently or is that when destiny steps in and if we did have that opportunity, would we take it? If we didn't have worries, problems, or make mistakes, we would never realize the blessings, joys, pleasures, nor would we learn life's lessons, because when we learn from mistakes we strive to do better. I feel that all we have is the 'now', we should do the best we can, love with our whole hearts, and lean on God for guidance. I see our girls as mothers and feel they do such a good job with their children, I smile when I see a tradition being passed on that maybe I might have helped start, or a rule I used with them being used, a little seed planted so long ago being applied to their lives and that of their children. I also feel we learn from our children, each as an individual they have their own special outlook on life and touch others lives in different ways. I feel fortunate to have a Godly Mother who loves me unconditionally, wonderful Grandmothers who planted many seeds in my life, and an Aunt like no other, who has always been my mentor. I have been around adults and also children who aren't blessed with the gift of a mother's love, I don't understand how a woman cannot take one of the most precious gifts God gives to us as women seriously and be a responsible mother...,maybe not being there is the best thing they can do for a child, at least someone else can take on that role if the birth mother is not capable of doing so. Funny though, a child will always love their mother no matter what and will do all they can to seek out their love and acceptance at some point in their lives. Simply giving birth does not make a woman a mother but the bond or link is forever there. God has a plan for each of our lives, I thank Him for placing motherhood in His plan for me, and a double thank you for allowing me to become a grandmother, it truly is grand!
Monday, August 6, 2007
My Thoughts on Motherhood...,
When you take a child by the hand you take a mother by the heart.
Posted by The Walker's at 12:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment