Hello to everyone, I am back, I took off for a few days with Mom and Bud on a trip to Nashville. We had a great time, we stayed at 'Union Station' which is a piece of history, it stands in all its glamorous nostalgia, what a treat. I heard that the floor we stayed on was possibly haunted, grrreat I thought, (didn't rest as well after that), hee hee. We visited the Capital, the Hermitage, Bellmeade Plantation, enjoyed walking around downtown and also on Broadway. There's so much history there, pictures on the walls of the famous both from the past and present day who have visited the exact places we were dining, and movies made in various areas of town and in the buildings. We ate at the restaurant 'Merchants', which in the past was a brothel we were told, among many other interesting things, check out the link below. I noticed on the wall at Jack's BBQ (wonderful BBQ), a picture of Oprah Winfrey, I read the article which was along with it, and it was also a picture of her father in front of his Barber Shop. (did I mention great BBQ) I didn't realize she went to both high school and college in Nashville. Reece Witherspoon was also from there, and her parents still reside, they are both practicing physicians. She also went to school in Nashville, so from that you realize some of the great people which Nashville has turned out. On another note, I saw Kid Rocks condo, many musicians as you would guess reside there still, as does Al Gore. I will post some of the places for you to click on and check out if you'd like. Good to be back home! (Click on the following links to see some of the neat places we went.
http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/BNAUS/main.wnt. www.nashville.com/attractions
www.merchantsrestaurant.com/history.cfm
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
I'm back from Nashville,
Posted by The Walker's at 4:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment