Friday, November 9, 2007

Christmas Parade and Santa's arrival

Kelley and I took Anna Kate to the Christmas Parade at Hamilton Place Mall last night. She was so excited! This little parade was to welcome the big man Santa himself to take his place upon his throne inside the mall. There were little pom pom girls, baton twirlers, dancers, bands, decorated cars, the Coca Cola truck with the Norman Rockwell Christmas picture on the side, but where was Santa? We kept looking for a a horse drawn carriage, a firetruck, 'HOLY COW', honestly, Santa arrived on a float with the HUGE Mayfield Cow on it, get this, they were passing out pics of him drinking milk with a coupon for one dollar off because it was his milk of choice for Christmas Eve milk and cookies. 'GOT MILK?' LOL, anyway, times do change. We finished the evening off with a Gingerbread Latte from Starbucks, mmm, you've got to try one!

3 comments:

jamie b said...

That is soooooooo sad that even the mall's Santa has to be commercialized! Crazy crazy!

I need to go try that gingerbread coffee!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie Rae, Wish you were here so you could join us girls for our weekly Starbuck's run for their yummy seasonal cups of delight.Love You!

jamie b said...

I wish I could do that! :) Love you!