Sunday, December 9, 2007

A Conversation with Anna Kate (age 3 going on 10)

Gran: Morn'n Anna Kate

AK: Know what I dreamed about Gran?

Gran: What, my darling?

AK: I dreamed that Mommy was having a baby sister for me.

Gran: That's nice sweetheart (while biting my lip)

AK: Gran, where was I before I was in Mommy's tummy?

Gran: Uh, you were in heaven with the angels. (okay, I'm sweating now)

AK: Why is Daddy, my Daddy?

Gran: Because your Mommy fell in love with your Daddy and married him. (sounded good)

AK: Was I in his tummy too?

Gran: Uhh...,no honey, you were just a twinkle in Daddy's eye, (whew!)

AK: What's a twinkle in an eye?

Gran: You are so cute, make Gran a funny face!

AK: Okay Gran..,

Motto of this story, 'When all else fails, use humor!

1 comments:

jamie b said...

lol! that's so cute! :)