Sunday, December 2, 2007

It's officially the Holiday Season,

We got our first fix of Peppermint Stick Ice Cream tonight! Here's an easy little recipie which I make each year around Christmas using this flavor:
1 Angel Food Cake (baked or store bought) (split it with thread into three layers)
Softened Peppermint Ice Cream
Softened Chocolate Ice Cream (or flavor of your choice)
Place one layer of cake on bottom of cake plate, spoon Peppermint Ice Cream on top if it,
Place middle layer of Angel Food cake on top of it, spoon Chocolate (or flavor of your choice) ice cream on top of it, place final layer of Angel Food cake on top,
Spread Cool Whip on cake, you can add Christmas colored sprinkles or chopped peppermints to make it look festive, place in freezer until set, slice, serve, and enjoy!

4 comments:

jamie b said...

i am going to have to try this recipe! sounds delicious!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. people here have never even heard of Mayfield ice cream much less Mayfield Peppermint ice cream. Eat a big bowl for me and Chris!! Yummy.

Meg

Anonymous said...

Meg honey, I would ship you some if it would make it there and not be soup! Trust me dear, I have probably ate enough for you AND a small village of little elves. heehee! That's why I have to wear granny panties, to cover my big ole hiney. By the way, look at you Cookie, I saw the pic of your cute little rear! You have lost weight girl. I think you just need to come home for a visit, if you do then let me know and I'll stock up some peppermint ice cream just for you. I need you to email me your home address so I can send you a Christmas card. Aloha

Anonymous said...

that pic of my bootie is trick photography .... low lighting and sharp angles can do wonders for a butt!! but thanks for the compliment! i'm going to get to work right now to find a way to ship ice cream!! i'll get back to you soon!

Meg